Ensuring Your Garage Door Opener Works Like New
Your garage door opener is the system that controls the opening and closing of your entire garage door, so it’s important to make sure it’s in excellent working condition. If it’s not working properly, you may not necessarily need a new garage door opener. In fact, we repair almost as many openers as we replace. If you have a newer model opener that meets UL 325 specifications, we can likely repair it.
We have over 15 years of experience working with repairs, replacements, maintenance and installation to ensure your garage door opener works like new. We begin every job with a 25-point inspection, so you can be confident that you’ll know exactly what the problem is with your opener before having to make a decision.
Garage Door Opener Replacement
If your opener is beyond repair, we can provide you with affordable garage door opener replacement. At Precision Door Detroit, we only offer the very best, most dependable openers for homeowners. We work with some of the biggest names in the industry, including: Chamberlain®, LiftMaster®, Stanley®, Genie®, and Marantec®.
LiftMaster ELITE SERIES®
8500 WALL MOUNT GARAGE DOOR OPENER
Wall Mount Design: The Simple Beauty of an Open Space
- Exclusive wall mount design offers a cleaner appearance, freeing the garage ceiling of hanging operator, rails, chains or belts—and opening up additional storage and space.
- Perfect for a home with a room above the garage—this ultra-quiet wall mount eliminates direct transfer of sound and vibration through the ceiling.
- Design allows for installation in garages with cathedral or obstructed ceilings.
- The Remote Light lets you light your garage your way, wherever it’s needed. (Additional Remote Lights available, model 380LM.)
- The Power Lock deadbolt ensures the door can’t be forced open.
Simple Control from Anywhere
- With MyQ ® technology, you can stay connected to your home wherever you go via your smartphone, tablet or computer. MyQ enables you to manage, monitor and control everything from lights to garage door openers and beyond—anytime, and from anywhere.
- Our exclusive Security+ 2.0TM technology, found in the LiftMaster opener remote controls, provides extra peace of mind for you and your family. This rolling code technology assures a new code with every use, making it virtually impossible for anyone to steal your remote control signal.
- Designed for how you live, LiftMaster ® technology puts you in control.
LiftMaster Motion-Detecting Control Panel (886LM)
- Activates the opener lights as soon as you walk in, so there’s no more fumbling in the dark to get in the car or grab something from the garage.
- Programming accessories is fast and easy with the new learn button.
LiftMaster Multi-Function Control Panel
The standard in control. Controls garage door and turns opener lights on/off from inside the garage. Locks out radio signals while you’re away. Includes adjustable light timer and illuminated oversized push button.
Here are a few important reasons why we would recommend a full garage door opener replacement:
- Federal Regulations (UL 325) were updated in 1993, which made garage door openers safer. If your opener was manufactured prior to that date, it is likely that your house wouldn’t pass an inspection with it, so we recommend replacement in this situation.
- Safety concerns with a brand: if a manufacturer has been successfully sued for safety defects, we will not repair that model.
- No safety eyes: if the safety eyes are not present, the opener does not meet UL 325 compliance, and we will recommend a replacement.
- If the brand no longer exists, parts for those openers will be unavailable and replacing is usually the only option.
We also offer emergency garage door repair services if your system breaks down and it’s not during “regular” business hours. Watch this video to learn what to expect in a proper and professional garage door opener installation and what to watch out for.